We review the nutritional characteristics and benefits of broccoli or broccoli and we propose recipes to consume it.
It's been a long time since we shared with you any post about "benefits of ...", so, in order not to waste any more time, today we are going to talk about the benefits of broccoli or broccoli (Brassica oleracea italica), that vegetable in the form of small green trees that It belongs to the same family as cabbage, cauliflower, red cabbage, kohlrabi, Brussels sprouts, or collard greens.
Properties and benefits of broccoli or broccoli
· High in vitamin A. It is mainly stored in bouquets and helps to boost the immune system.
· Lot of vitamin C. A single serving of 200 g contains triple the minimum recommended daily amount.
· Contains lutein. An antioxidant that plays an important role in eye health by helping to prevent ailments such as cataracts or macular degeneration.
· Fiber source. It is a very satisfying food when compared to the low number of calories it provides.
· Anticancer. Like curly cabbage, another of the benefits of broccoli that contains glucosinolates and sulforaphane, substances about which there is more and more certainty that they really help fight certain types of cancer.
· Recommended for pregnant women. Due to its high content of folic acid.
· Recommended for hypertensive people. Due to its high potassium content and its low sodium content, which also make it a powerful natural diuretic.
Ways to cook broccoli or broccoli
As always when we try to make the most of the properties of a vegetable, prolonged cooking is not advisable, therefore, the most appropriate ways to cook it would be the following:
It is the simplest way. We will cook it in a steamer for about 10-12 minutes, depending on whether we like it more or less al dente.
As in the case of steaming it, if we decide to cook it, we must add it to the boiling water and, when it comes to a boil, do not leave it for more than 5 minutes.
Whether it is cooked or steamed, we can serve it directly with a little Maldon salt on top and a splash of extra virgin olive oil or sautéed with some prawns or a few pieces of chicken breast, some spices and a little sauce. soy or whatever comes to mind. In general, it works great in woks and Asian recipes in general.
It is a way to add a crunchy touch to a vegetable dish without adding calories. To prepare it like this, we will blanch it for 3 minutes in boiling water, we will pass it through cold water to cut the cooking and we will finish cooking it on a hot griddle or grill.
Broccoli benefits that increase with seasonings
A study from the University of Illinois indicates that its anticancer power could be increased if we season it with mustard, wasabi or spicy radishes, so it seems that, the more flavor, the healthier.
Skincell Pro is a serum that acts as an ideal skin corrector. You might get many unwanted moles and odd pigmentation on some of your prominent parts of your face. You will easily be able to bring to an end by eliminating them with the topical application of this product. This serum is made with the formula that will help you get flawless skin with an improved skin tone and texture. Also, sometimes, many of you find out that your skin gets an unwanted amount of unnecessary protrusion, and Skincell Pro is quite effective in such cases.